A restaurant table management system is software that helps track, monitor, and optimise restaurant processes. This can aid in running a restaurant, prioritising service quality, increasing table turnover, improving the dining experience, and smoothening the back-end and front-end processes in a restaurant.
80% of restaurants are turning to technology for online ordering, reservations, inventory and stock control, and restaurant metrics, all of which an EPOS system that works as a restaurant table management system can facilitate.
What creates the ultimate dining experience?
What consumers expect from a restaurant experience certainly varies depending on the type of restaurant, the menu offered, and the ambience and setting.
EPOS systems in restaurants are nothing new to diners and 73% of diners agree that restaurant technology improves the guest experience, loyalty, and repeated restaurant patronage.
The ultimate dining experience typically lies in:
- Personalised and diner-friendly service : Customers love personalisation and customisation when it comes to the dining experience. 60% of diners prefer receiving a personalised service, and restaurants have seen this as a competitive advantage and unique selling point with 85% of restaurants delivering a personalised experience
- Quality and consistency : The food is the highlight and what keeps diners coming back for more. This can be achieved through the digitalisation of services that prompt better service quality, fewer errors, and less miscommunication
- Memorable atmosphere : The setting, the environment, and the energy the restaurant fosters play a massive role in the dining experience. 35% of diners are influenced by online reviews when choosing a restaurant
- Efficient customer service : How a restaurant handles diners plays an important role in retaining and attracting customers. 95% of guests report that good customer service is vital to brand loyalty
What are the benefits that a restaurant table management system can offer?
A table management system like an EPOS system allows a restaurant to allocate resources and aids in decision-making, and ensuring quality of service.
- Forecasts diner demand : The number of diners in a restaurant fluctuates depending on the time and location of the restaurant. Table management software allows a restaurant to analyse this number and forecasts and finalises levels of demand. This can help in resource allocation and reduce wastage
- Aids resource allocation : Knowing the levels of demand will help a restaurant allocate chefs, waiters, and delivery drivers to meet and elevate the level of demand. This way, the restaurant can not only meet diners’ expectations but also satisfy them
- Widens consumer base : Since table management is a centralised and integrated software, it allows a widening of the consumer base, which can result in the achievement of a competitive edge and unique selling point because diners have the freedom to choose their seating within the restaurant. In fact, 65% of diners say seating preferences would go far in increasing customer loyalty
- Offers flexibility : With a table management system, a diner has the ability and freedom to cancel or change their reservation at any time. This offers them convenience and can result in an increase in service quality and customer satisfaction
- Reduces risk of errors : Reservations can be made and managed on time, which also results in fewer errors and prevents miscommunications. This will increase the scope of the restaurant and result in better feedback from customers. There has been a 71% decrease in guest complaints, while there has been an increase of 19% in customer service ratings
- Increases efficiency : With table management, a restaurant can schedule shifts and allocate staff which can help with better time management. In addition, 95% of restaurateurs agree that restaurant technology improves their restaurant efficiency and accuracy
- Facilitates better communication : A table management system allows employees to view their schedules and deduce how busy the restaurant is likely to be, allowing better lines of communication with managers, waiters, chefs, and delivery drivers. This connectivity reduces the number of errors and miscommunications and increases overall clarity
- Improves transparency : Having demand and supply, inventory, and resource allocation data in one centralised and integrated location results in smoother operations and more synchronisation within a restaurant, which facilitates a better environment for both employees and customers
Invest in a restaurant table management system for the ultimate dining experience
91% of restaurateurs said they want to invest in kitchen automation because of the benefits it offers for improved dining experiences and streamlined front-end and back-end operations in a restaurant.
A table management system in a restaurant, or an EPOS system, is a software that helps track, monitor, and optimise restaurant processes, which results in a competitive advantage, lower costs, better stakeholder feedback, employee motivation, and increased revenue through the implementation of a restaurant table management system.